Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You know you are in trouble when you get a call from your teacher.

working on a super awesome post/posts
hopefully it will see the light soon.
in the meantime,
here's a song that i really want you guys to hear
Astro from x factor with i'll be missing you



He is really talented and only like 12?
This is the kinda rap i like, not the "i'll take you to the candy shop to lick my lollipop" kinda crap you get from the radio
I know the words are said really fast, but the lyrics are kinda nice if you really listen to it
I dont know if anyone is following X factor US except for my sister and melati but everyone like that Drew girl.
I think she is so boring!!!
Every song she sings sounds the same.
Kinda like the Mccrerry from idol (who ended up winning :/)

I am rooting for Astro or Josh Krajic to win it all!!
They person that I am supporting always ends up getting second place.
Let's see how it plays out for this show.
Maybe America will get it right this time.

Edit:(25th nov 11)
OMG, OMG!
I found the lyrics to astro's remix of the song.
At first i thought he was rapping about his mamma, but i realised he was actually rapping about what hip hop has become today, by personifying hip hop as a lady!
what beautiful lyrics.
This is my exact sentiments about hip hop and r&b music right now!
this kid is some kind of magic.

This is dedicated to her;
The one and only girl, that’s known all over the world;
She 40 years old, but i still try to speak to her;
We talk all the time, and my heart beats through her;
She messed with the wrong dudes now she’s messed up;
Started doing drugs and showin the kids that stuff;
She rockin jewelry, and gettin ballistic, with pistols, whips, and materialistic;
Things, she changin slowly, but still id rather be with her than chill with my homies;
Put on my headphones and zone out, listen to my favorite rapper and she the one i think about;
She left the hood and went to the bright lights, and now her voice just don’t sound right;
I see that she havin a few issues, the truth is I miss you;

Every little step I take, I think about those good old days;
Every little move I make, I think about those good old days; time I pray I’ll be missing you;
Missing you and I want you to know, dang girl tell me where did you go;

I remember rappin duke, duh-ha, duh-ha, i never thought that one girl could bring me this far;
Every time i look at her doing her thing;
I remember how we met through the sugar hill gang;
She the only one that i could depend on;
It might sound a little weird, comin from a kid;
But she was here before i was born, but we fell in love as soon as i found out what love is;
I want to get her back to the old her, and stop letting the dances control her;
I want to take you back to the old days, where we connected by letting the records play;
But now it’s the opposite of that, put your dues in the air and just talkin crap;
But good news for anyone missin her like I do, your boy’s bringing hip hop back;

Every little step I take, I think about those good old days;
Every little move I make, I think about those good old days; time I pray I’ll be missing you;
Missing you and I want you to know, hip hop tell me where did you go;
stro!

No comments: